- Have a total of $5000 in my emergency fund
- Save $10,000 for my education
- Take additional courses needed to get into Teacher’s College
- Get accepted into Teacher’s College
- Put $1000 into my RRSP
- Earn $5000 in side/freelancing income
- Buy a better commuting bicycle
- Run 1000km in 2012
- Be able to do a free-standing handstand
- Learn Parkour
- Complete my 30k Around the Bay in under 3.5 hours
- Complete the Half Ironman Triathlon in under 7 hours
- Complete a Spartan Race
- Work out at the gym 3 times per week on average
- Perfect my overhand beach volleyball serve
- Take dance classes (jazz, hip hop, or bellydance)
- Write a minimum of 10 chapters of a novel
- Read 3 books per month
- Begin a consistent meditation practice, at least 3 times per week.
- Seek out opportunities for volunteer work, specifically with education and with low-income demographics.
- Create a new community initiative (sustainability project, gardening, youth sports, etc.)
Set up a long-term life strategy to incorporate more travel, more projects, more writing, more exercise, and more awesome.
2011 Goal Recap
- Pay off remainder of car loan by December 31st 2011, remaining sum of $10,593 (DONE – September 30, 2011)
- Invest a minimum of $2000 into my RRSP (DONE – Christmas Bonus invested, $2000)
- Build an emergency fund of $10,000 (FAIL – I used my emergency fund and stocks to pay off my car. Current emergency fund: $1650)
- Bring in an additional $5000 through freelancing and writing. UPDATED: Bring in an additional $40,000 through freelancing. (FAIL – I based this number upon commission that I would be earning as a realtor on the side. As I changed my focus and no longer want to be in sales, I have earned closer to $1500ish through side writing. I would like to double this number in 2012).
- Save up enough money to travel to Kilimanjaro in 2012 ($4000) and enough for a trip to Europe ($2000) (FAIL – current travel fund is $830, but I will be travelling with the boyfriend to Florida in February)
- Get my networth up to $35,000 (FAIL – current networth is around $20,000)
- Run 500km total by December 31st, 2011. (FAIL – but it was close. I’d guestimate I’ve run approximately 300+ kms in 2011)
- Get my full G license (DONE – March 9, 2011)
- Meditate on a daily basis (FAIL)
- Travel somewhere warm and tropical by December 31st 2011 (preferably Costa Rica). (FAIL – but it was close. Going to Florida in February!)
- Run a 5km race (DONE – May 15, 2011)
- Run a 10km race (FAIL – but training for the half instead)
- Complete a Spartan Race (FAIL – but I will be doing this in 2012 with a group of people)
- Complete a triathlon (DONE – August 27, 2011)
- Go to the gym four times per week (3 times working out, 1 class minimum) (DONE – though not at the beginning. It took awhile, but I am definitely achieving this now)
- Write a minimum of 3 posts per week on Money Rabbit (DONE – I’ve written 138 posts)
- Finish a novel (FAIL – but I have great ideas for 2012)
- Learn how to do a free-standing hand stand (FAIL – NEXT YEAR!)
2010 Goal Recap
I’m very lucky and this year I did very well…I was able to (mostly) comfortably buy all the material goods I wanted without feeling maxed out. The biggest thing was the car … but I was also able to pay for $3000 of registration fees for my new career, in addition to the $1,500 in courses that I took, without it impacting my overall Networth. I’m actually very proud that my Networth hasn’t budged … considering the massive pile of expenses that I’ve incurred.
Things I achieved:
-2006 Silver Mazda 3
-Education – $1,500 in courses, $3000 in registration fees.